The April session of the All Eyes on the Amazon (AEA) Programme´s Learning Community on strategies for the ratification and effective implementation of the Escazú Agreement in the Amazonian countries will be held on April 28th.
Day: Thursday, April 28, 2022 – from 4:00 p.m.. to 6 p.m. (CEST)
Organizers: Hivos – AEA, OLAC, and the Escazú Now Ecuador Driving Group
Meeting ID: 862 9080 8991
- Learning from the strategies and good practices for the ratification of the Escazú Agreement in Ecuador, the status of its effective implementation, and the priority actions and opportunities for Civil Society, with a focus on indigenous and local organizations.
- Foster a space for exchange and learning among civil society active in promoting the ratification and implementation of the Escazú Agreement in Ecuador, Peru, Brazil and other Latin American countries, which can nurture their ongoing strategies.
- Understand the results of the first Conference of the Parties (COP) on the Escazú Agreement, from the operational and political point of view, that can promote an effective implementation in the Amazonian countries.
- A roadmap on civil society advocacy opportunities for the ratification and effective implementation of the Escazú Agreement in the Amazonian countries, in Spanish and Portuguese.
- A one-pager summary of the learning and conclusions of the session, in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Opening remarks and presentation of the agenda and participants – Carolina Zambrano Barragán
- Presentation of All Eyes on the Amazon Program- Maria Moreno de los Ríos
- “Strategies for the ratification and implementation of the Escazú Agreement in Ecuador” – Daniel Barragán
- “Results of the First Conference of the Parties on the Escazú Agreement” – Patricia Madrigal
- Q&A – Carolina Zambrano Barragán
- Plenary dialogue: Opportunities and challenges for the work of civil society and next key actions for Amazonian countries, based on guiding questions – Carolina Zambrano Barragán
- Next steps and closing of the meeting – Carolina Zambrano Barragán y Eliana Rojas Torres
- María Moreno de los Ríos – Program Manager for All Eyes on the Amazon, Hivos Latin America
- Daniel Barragán – Executive Director of the CIIAT / UDLH and co-facilitator of the Escazú Now Ecuador Driving Group .
- Patricia Madrigal – Environmental lawyer and former Vice Minister of Environment 2014-2018 of the Ministry of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica.
- Carolina Zambrano Barragán, Climate Justice Impact Lead, Hivos
For more information, please contact Eliana Rojas Torres, [email protected]
- Webinar: ¿Qué pierden el Perú y sus defensoras y defensores ambientales con la postergación del Acuerdo de Escazú? (Language: Spanish)
- News: Sigue en vivo la COP1 sobre el acuerdo de Escazú (Language: Spanish)